3XL-1202D 12" Subwoofer
- 12" Dual 2-Ohm Subwoofer
- 850 watt RMS/1,700 Watts Max
- Non-pressed Raw Pulp Cone
- U-Turn High Roll Treated Foam Surround
- 3” Vented HD BASV Voice Coil Former
- Perimeter Aero-Vent Voice Coil Cooling Vents
- Non Resonance DDC Coated Cast Aluminum Basket
- XTRA XTRA XTRA Large Double Stacked Motor Structure
- Proprietary Pro-Lock Input Terminals
- Optimally Designed for Ported Enclosures
3XL-1202D 12" WORLD'S FIRST CLASS D SUBWOOFER
Making our best even better is what our engineers accomplished for the newly redesigned 3XL subwoofer series. Combining a new bold look with the innovation that the 3XL series is known for, PowerBass created our most accomplished “Class D Subwoofer” to date.
The 3XL series have been designed to withstand the extreme heat that the new generation Class “D” amplifiers create. Class “D” amplifiers heat up the woofers voice coil two to three times hotter and faster than a conventional class A/B amplifier. This calls for Xtreme measures and special parts to classify these as a true “Class D Subwoofer”. But hey, this is PowerBass. We have it under control.
First, we use industrial assembly glues that are made in the USA that handle this excessive heat that would normally tear a conventional subwoofer apart. Then there is perimeter venting to allow air movement over the voice coil built into our custom cut, cast aluminum basket. The basket works as a strong foundation for our heavy duty non-pressed raw pulp paper cone and redesigned inverted X dustcap. The roughness of the cone breaks up standing long waves for an even louder output resulting in greater SPL.
The 3XL Subwoofers all feature 3” HD BASV voice coil formers and CCAW edge wound high temperature voice coil winding to help dissipate heat. To allow full movement of the cone, we utilize an ultra high roll (U-turn) treated foam surround that increases the cone area for higher output along with linear cone stability throughout the subwoofers 3” of peak to peak excursion.
To make sure high voltages from the amplifier reach the subwoofers, we designed Pro-Lock terminals and incorporated FEA optimized Xtra Xtra Xtra large dual stacked magnets to handle the high power these subwoofers are designed for.
3XL Subwoofers are available in 12” and 15” sizes in either dual 1-OHM or dual 2-OHM versions to maximize your amplifiers power.
- Nominal Impedance: Dual 2-ohm
- BL: 20.4
- Voice Coil Size: 3 in
- Material: Non Press Pulp Paper
- Magnet Size: 470 oz
- Sensitivity (1W / 1M): 85.7 dB
- Motor Structure: 470 oz
- Cutout Diameter: 11.0 in (280mm)
- Mounting Depth: 7.44 in
- Xmax: 24 mm
- Spl: 85.7 dB
- No: 0.19%
- Qts: 0.45
- Qes: 0.52
- Qms: 3.43
- Mms: 288.29 g
- Cms: 100.76 uM/N
- Vas: 40.33 Ltr
- SD: 530.9 sqCM
- Fs: 29.5 Hz
- Test Impedance: 3.8-ohms
- VC Impedance: 2-ohm + 2-ohm
- Size: 12in
- Sensitivity: 85.7 dB
- Frequency Response: 25 Hz - 450 Hz
- Voice Coil Size: 3 in
- Power Handling (RMS/Peak): 850 / 1700 watts